My best friend has incredible crafts skills, she can do anything! so I asked her to make something to decorate my living room, she started to talk about macrame, and I thought macrame? can be anything more old fashioned than macrame? Well, surprise; macrame is back.
That’s why today I want to show you this incredible macrame DIY, an easy to make craft. If you follow all the instructions you will have beautiful and unique home decor, and the best part is that you can practice your craft making skills. This is the perfect idea to decorate your home with plants.¿Do you want to know more? Continue reading. Remember Share This With Your Family And Friends.
Learn Step By Step To DIY Macrame Hanging Planter
Maybe, you thought “this is a really complicated craft”, well, if I can, you can.
- Cotton rope (5mm, around 100 long)
- A metal ring (1 ¼”)
- Measuring tape
- Something to keep the ring steady (Like a hook or masking tape)
- First with the help of your scissors you have to cut six 16-foot-long cords.
- Then thread it halfway through the metal ring, secure it with the hook or the masking tape.
- To make a square knot, you have to take the two outermost cords.
- Then move the left cord over the cords in the center, slipping it under the cord on the far right, as shown in the next picture.
5. You have to take the far right cord, bringing it under the cords in the center, and over the far left cord.
6. Tighten the knot.
7. Now you have to bring the far right cord over the cords in the middle, and tuck it under the far left cord. As shown in the picture below.
8. Now you have to take the far left cord and slip it under the center cords, then slip it over the far right cord.
9. Now you have to tighten the knot.
10. You have to make another square knot. Now take the four center cords and make 6 square knots in a row. (sinnet)
11. Then flip it over, you have to divide the remaining cords into 2 sections and make sinnet again.
12. Now flip it back over and move 2″ down, then make 2 square knots.
13. Next you have to make 12 half-square knots in a row under that.
14. To make a half-square knot: You have to grab the two outermost cords. Then you have to move the left cord over the cords in the center, slipping it under the cord on the far right. Take the far right cord, bringing it under the cords in the center, and over the far left cord.
15. Tighten the knot.
16. Make 6 square knots. You have to flip your plant hanger over then repeat the combination of 2 square knots and 12 half-square knots on the remaining 2 sections, only start these 4″ from the previous knots.
17. You have to finish off each of these sections with 4 square knots.
18. Make the plant basket: First, you have to move 6″ down and make a square knot.
19. Then you have to move 2″ down, and take the inner cords of the far left and far right sections. Bring them together to touch, then you have to make a square knot with them.
20. Flip the plant hanger over and make this again, make a square knot to connect the other sections.
21. Then you have to make another square knot and move 1″ down, connecting the adjacent cords. And make this for each one of the sections.
22. Grab the two longest cords you have to use them to create 12 half-square knots around all of the other cords and tie everything together.
That’s it! Now enjoy your new macrame plant hanger!